We’ve taken a “healthy” twist on the classic chocolate cake – which our guests continue to rave about time after time. This delicious alternative by Pastry Chef, Shawn Dresser, has been proven to result in guest’s craving more! What better way to say goodbye the winter weather than whipping up our BHH Chocolate Zucchini Cake for family and friends.
Yield 4 loaf pans (approx. 8 inches x 4 inches)
4 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
1 ½ Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 ½ Cups Canola Oil
3 each Large Eggs room temp
1 ½ Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
6 Cups Grated Zucchini
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and sift.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combine, let mixture rest 5 minutes.
- Deposit into well-greased loaf pans, filling ½ of the way.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on drying rack.
- Share with friends & family and enjoy!